Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hot Day, Hard Work

My drama club students and I did our annual summer car wash to raise money for our upcoming school year and the shows we will be producing.  Working in the Texas heat on pavement all day can really do a number on me! It's not as easy as it used to be, that's for sure! I've been doing this 20 years, and there is no question that this nation is suffering financially right now. We used to earn double what we have in recent years and we work just as hard in the same Texas heat. We (I should say THEY) washed all shapes and sizes of automobiles, including an ambulance! We raised a nice chunk of money thanks to all the generous people wishing to support the fine arts in the public school system, some of whom didn't even ask us to wash their car! I want to shout out a special thanks to SEARS HARDWARE on Jones Rd, who let us use their parking lot & water.















No comments: