Sunday, September 30, 2012

Not Your Ordinary Candied Apple...

My favorite apple treats are made by The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I first discovered them in Seattle at Pike's Place Market, but then discovered there are locations right here in my own beloved Houston! Galveston too! Go figure. A few years ago, before I knew they were here, I decided to try to make some of my own & it was a fair success. My friends loved receiving them as holiday gifts. I recently found the inspiration to try it again, this time with less success, but success none the less. There is no recipe, just your personal preference. I like the chocolate & the pecans. What do you like best? Anything can be used; try ground up candy bars, or different nuts, etc... I usually heat the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove, but this time I messed up the consistency. It still tasted good! The carmel foundation is layered over a clean, dry apple, then everything else should stick to that in layers of your choosing. For these I chose to add powdered sugar & drip fudge topping. Add a pretty wrapping & you have a wonderful homemade gift!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear about your own attempts at this wonderful treat! Did I tell you it feeds several people? It makes a great desert at parties, just slice it up & serve!

This one went to my theatre student who had her performance ready first in my Shakespeare class. Later, at her house, she posted a picture of her eating it. It came to me on Facebook as a sweet thank you.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Crocker said...

By the way, for those of you getting this in an email, you can leave your comment by going to the blog. Thanks for reading!